Rotary is a worldwide network of inspired individuals who translate their passions into relevant social causes to change lives in communities.
Made up of over 34,000 Rotary clubs around the world, Rotary International forms a global network of business, professional, and community leaders who volunteer their time and talents to serve communities locally and around the world – and form strong, lasting friendships in the process.
Our motto, Service Above Self , exemplifies the humanitarian spirit of the 1.2 million Rotarians worldwide . Service efforts are directed toward our areas of focus:
- Peace and conflict prevention/resolution
- Disease prevention and treatment
- Water and sanitation
- Maternal and child health
- Basic education and literacy
- Economic and community development
All Rotary clubs aim to serve their community and those in need throughout the world. Through club service projects, members learn more about local and international issues, and can volunteer their time and talents where they are most needed.
Club meetings give members the opportunity to build friendships, enrich their professional and personal knowledge, and meet other business leaders in their community. Club meeting times vary to accommodate members’ family and professional commitments. Some clubs meet at lunchtime, while others meet in the early morning, after work, or in the evening.
Members are welcome to attend meetings at any Rotary club — a practice that guarantees Rotarians a warm welcome in communities around the world. You can even meet online through a Rotary e-club. Find meeting places and times through the online Club Locator tool or the free mobile Rotary Club Locator app.
Throughout Rotary’s rich history, Rotarians have strived to achieve the ideal of Service Above Self. Rotary’s Avenues of Service form the foundation on which all club activity is based.
- Through Club Service, we have fun, build lasting friendships, and make sure that our club functions well.
- Through Vocational Service, we volunteer our professional skills to serve others and promote integrity in everything we do.
- Through Community Service, we address local needs and work with our community to bring lasting improvements.
- Through International Service, we meet humanitarian needs around the globe and promote world understanding and peace.
- Through New Generations Service, we work with young people to help them become the next generation of leaders, visionaries, and peacemakers.
Of the Things we Think, Say or Do
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?